For this week's Sartorial Sunday, I bring to you Ines de la Fressange's guide to dressing like a Parisian as seen in the March April edition of Lonny mag (how I love thee). Always a sucker for fashion illustration and French style, I printed this little slice of genius to keep at my desk. How selfish of me. Here it is for your enjoyment, if you haven't already seen:
Ines de la Fressange's Ten Ways to Dress Like a Parisian
10. Jeans with gem-encrusted sandals (not sneakers)
9. A pencil skirt with ballet flats (not with heels)
8. A sequinned sweater with men's trousers (not with a skirt)
7. A diamond necklace with a denim shirt, during the day (and not with a black dress at night)
6. Loafers with shorts...and even with socks (not with long slacks and no socks)
5. An evening dress with ultra-plain, open toed sandals (not with the gem-encrusted evening variety)
4. A pearl necklace with a rock'n'roll t-shirt (not with a simple shift dress).
3. A chiffon print dress with battered biker boots (not with brand-new ballet flats)
2. A tux jacket with sneakers (not femme fatale stilettos)
1. An evening dress with a straw handbag (not with a gold clutch)
Can't wait to read this former model and style icon's book Parisian Chic: A Style Guide by Ines de la Fressange (just released on April 5 here in Australia). Will surely give all readers that irresistable 'je ne sais quoi'?!