Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Joy to the world


Oh joy, oh joy, Santa brought me a bike! It was salvaged from my mum’s bike graveyard and given a new lease on life by my beloved and my little brothers. Amazing what a basket, pack rack, brake pads and new chain can do for a relic. So far, I’ve only ventured a few blocks from home to Puckle Street and Queen’s Park but I did get the opportunity to carry home some shopping in the basket. Super exciting!

I am now on the look out for a comfortable saddle, preferably tan in colour and an old school helmet. Unfortunately , the helmet I inherited from my brother doesn’t have that leisurely vibe and makes me look like I’d rather be on a racer (nnoooo!). Also on the ‘to do’ list is lacquering the basket to protect it from the weather and give it a deeper colour.


Santa also surprised me with this lovely globe. The first time Santa saw something like this he thought it was dumb because the world doesn’t sit like that. So glad he come around and realised that it has superb form regardless of the North Pole's position. I love it!

1 comment:

  1. WOW Congratulations on your beautiful bike - you must have been a very good girl this year!

    ReplyDelete

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...